So I finished Campnanowrimo. I am now left with 10 great picture book stories that need to be cleaned up and shown some love. Also, my NA Scifi is back from another round of CP’s (critique partners). It needs to be shown more love as well. May is super busy for me. My plan is to do revisions on both novels during the month of May. I have a tentative date of May 15th- which I recognize is CRAZY!
Clearly, I like crazy:)
Here is my revision process.
1. I will concentrate on 20 pages of the NA SciFi each day
2. I will revise on PB story a day (possibly doubling up some days because these are short stories)
3. Spellcheck, spellcheck, spellcheck (you will be surprised what you miss)
4. Copy and paste each section into speech software so I can hear another voice reading the passage to me. I find this super helpful.
5. Let the hubs go over the completed sections to make sure I addressed issues brought up by CP’s and betas.
I will check back in on May 15th and let you guys know how it went:) Please feel free to leave your revision tips in the comments section. I would love to hear them!